Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Weekly Hobby Update : 4-19-17

Hello Everyone!  I have made the decision to take my blog from once per week to twice per week.  I want to have a short post about what hobby I have going on or a short hobby related topic every Wednesday, which is the post you will see today.  I also plan to continue bringing you longer more in-depth posts at the end of the week on Friday.  If you have any topics you would like to see covered in my Shorter Tuesday posts please let me know.  Today I want to share with you all the projects I am currently working on as well as what is coming down the pipe for my hobby.



My current army project is Blade of Khorne and I could not be more excited.  I have settled on a White/Gold color scheme and plan to work on my Airbrushing skills with this army.  Expect to see a Bloodthrister from em soon as the pictures above are just the beginning!





I have had a small Sylvaneth grove in my backlog since the beginning of AoS and I keep adding more to it slowly.  The assembled Treelord and Dryads were originally meant to be part of my 8th Edition Wood Elf Force, but with the separation of the army.  They, as well as three Citadel Woods, are sitting silently on the side for that rainy day.


Aelves are my first Warhammer love and I eagerly anticipate the first Aelf army that will join the fight in The Mortal Realms.  I have picked up the Balewind Vortex, a Mistweaver, and a Shard for when the new Aelves are finally released.  I currently have an  Aelf army consisting of models people gave me after The End Times when they decided to "Quit the game for good".  I used the army to practice my airbrush skills and jump on the Concept Army Bandwagon that was all the rage.  However, I plan to go back and give them a proper paint job soon.  Possibly in an AOS28 style!  



A humble Liberator Prime sits waiting for me to begin a side project I am very excited to being.  This hero is slated to be my first Nonmetallic Metal model.



Outside of all the painting, building, and buying, I am also prepping for Nova Open as well as planning out my  event for Coalescence on June 10th that I finally committed to running for my local club.  I have a lot of focus on building communities right now so these events are usually at the forefront of my hobby thoughts. I have come to learn recently this game is so fun and exciting because of the players and growing that aspect will only further the game.

That's all I have on my Hobby Table at the moment, but it is ever changing and growing.  Let me know what you think of this new addition to my blog schedule so I can put out the content you wish to see.  As always feel free to follow me on Twitter and until Friday.  Happy Hobbying!