Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Weekly Hobby Update : 8-16-17

Hey Everyone!  Time for another look at my hobby and games from the previous week.  Also a brief salute to a man who has ingrained himself in our hobby minds and left his mark as a Warhammer Legend (not that he is done growing his legend yet!).  Enjoy!



Rob Symes finished up his time with Games Workshop as one of the Hosts for Warhammer TV last Friday.  I think it is safe to say his commentary and insight will be missed on the streams, but it will also be nice to see him return to the community as a player and enjoy the creative freedom only he can bring.  I want to offer him my thanks in all he has done for the community and I look forward to seeing what he has in the future and wish him all the best in his adventures.

A 21 Toot Toot Salute.  Thank you, Rob.


I have become a Co-Host on my friend Ed Hornes (EvilEd) 40k Vod/podcast entitled HeresyCast.  I am very much an Age of Sigmar player, but I have always enjoyed 40k as well and with the new edition I am excited to play both game systems.  I still plan to keep a stronger focus on Age of Sigmar and if you check out the latest episodes (avoid Ep1...we had audio issues) you can enjoy me comparing everything in 40k to Age of Sigmar.  much to the chagrin of Ed and our other host Chad.



I am continuing progress on my Blades of Khorne.  Currently up in my last large unit which consists of 30 Blood Reavers.  I am still planning to finish the army this month, but it has been a daunting task.  After this unit, I imagine the painting will move along much quicker as it is only Heros and Monsters left to do.



My local Club has successfully moved into our new venue located in a local Church's Basement.  They were generous enough to give us an area to store all of our Terrain between Gaming events in their Belfry as well.  Overall everyone is really excited for the new venue as it gives us a bit more flexibility in how we run the events from the perspective of time, dates, etc.  We may have an issue with needing more tables as we grow, but there is plenty of space to utilize and I feel we will be very happy at the new location.



Also, I was asked to give a shout out to an upcoming event Da Boyz Grand Tournament in Rochester, NY on November 17th - 19th.  They will be running events for multiple game systems such as 40k and Age of Sigmar.  I might try to make it up there myself if I am able.  You can register at DaBoyzGT.com or if you have questions reach out to @Khornelord on Twitter.


I hope your Hobby is going strong and I would love to see what you are working on as well!  I case you are counting like I am, there are only 16 days left until Nova Open and it is very much crunch time.  Happy Hobbying!