Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Weekly Hobby Update : 3-14-18

Hey Everyone!  We are officially less than ten days away from Adepticon 2018.  Some people have finished their projects and others, like me, are still wrapping it all up.  Thankfully I am just about done and if all goes well I should have a relaxing few days with my Wife prior to all the Adepticon fun to be had in the coming week.  Hopefully, you are just about done or already enjoying a job well done and resting for the event yourself.


I pushed hard to get my display board for my Daughters of Khaine moving along and after an evening's worth of work I was able to get the entire thing built and the next day it was primed and dried.  It wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be and a big part of that is thanks to Brian O. for 3D printing me some nice Pillars for the board.  A bit of painting and detailing in the next few days should see it ready to go and then I can figure out how to display my army to its fullest effect.  I am unsure of the best way to show off both versions of Morathi on the board.  Should they be together or separated?  Let me know what you think in the comments as I could use some advice on this subject.



With a tight deadline looming and a few bits of my army to finish, I decided that cleaning would be a good use of my time for some reason.  I had been meaning to do this for quite some time, but with having to wait for bases and boards to dry I opted to put my 40k into storage and rearrange my displayed forces.  It was a nice break as cleaning really helps clear my mind and it is great to have my much more recently painted armies displayed.  Currently, I am surrounded by Aelves in my basement hobby space as I am rebasing them all to rounds.  I am about halfway complete with the task and after Adepticon I will be diving back into the project as I ride the post-convention Hobby high.


The biggest relief I had this past weekend was taking the time to finish my Morathi models.  I loved these models and I took my time and tried to paint above my usual level to do the sculpt the justice it deserved.  I owe a big thanks to my friend Sean M. for helping me with advice and tips as I worked on the models.  I am very pleased with how they came out and if I get the chance I might go back and add a bit of eyeshadow to the models before the event to really finish the models off.

Before I work on the final touch-ups, however, I wanted to make sure I had my models based and ready to go well in advance.  I took every model I currently have painted and began the process of getting them ready.  It is not a challenging part of the army, but it is tedious, but the hardest bit is over with the first layer of crackle paint.  Next up is a quick wash, adding some static grass, and repainting the rims to call it complete.


I have full confidence I can get this all wrapped up by this weekend so expect a lot of fun pictures on Twitter throughout the week.  Friday I will be going into much more detail as I wrap up this year "Road to Adepticon" article series so be sure to check back then.  Until Friday, Happy Hobbying!

Chuck Moore