Monday, August 20, 2018

Community All-gates : 8-20-18

Hey Everyone!  Welcome to the "Community All-gates", the weekly feature on The Realm Gate Blog where every Monday I plan to highlight something or someone from around the Age of Sigmar and Miniature Painting Community.  It might be an Event, a YouTube Channel, Blog, Army List, Model, Hobby Project, or anything else that catches my eye.  Today I wanted to point everyone in the direction of the upcoming Capital Palette Event at this year's NOVA Open.



Over the past five years, the event has become one of the highlights in the U.S. for competition painting with its unique format and being a Crystal Brush.  Each piece is judged on its own merits instead of a typical top three.  Participants are encouraged to grow and are rewarded with the efforts they show in their display pieces.  I plan to enter this year as they have introduced three divisions based on your skill level for all categories.  I am nowhere near a Masterclass, but I fit nicely in the Journeymen level so I plan to submit for that division with my bust.

There is some truly inspiring work on display at the event and you can be sure to check out last years entries here and a few of my favorites below. (All credit to the various artists and Capital Palette for the pictures).


Until next time, Happy Hobbying!

Chuck Moore