Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Hobby Table : 10-10-18

Hey Everyone!  Despite the fact that my local area has continued to be in the 80°F/26°C we are finally into Autumn and as such, I decided to have a bit of fun with my favorite art piece from the Daughters of Khaine Battletome.  Normally this time of year is the best time to prep your hobby for the coming winter months with building and priming (if you use a rattle can) but I am hoping November will be more agreeable.  If you live in the Northeast U.S. like me I hope your weather finally begins to cool and the humidity levels finally begin to drop.



Continuing my preparation for Realms at War I decided to add a bit of fun for myself, my opponents, and people who are really living up to the event.  Essentially I am bringing over two prizes to hand out once the event is complete, but there is a small twist.  Over the course of the event, I plan to hand each of my opponents a blessing from Tayrathi in the form of a Daughters of Khaine themed dice which is there's to keep.  I also plan to give a blessing to others as well if I really enjoy their army, costume, or anything else that catches my eye.  In the end, those with the Shadow dice and those with the Prayer Dice will group up and begin rolling off against each other (highest roll stays while the rest drop out) until each side has one left.  Once we have a winner from both sides they will be offered a choice to accept each gift or to roll it out for a winner take all!  I am keeping the prizes secret until the very end so, for now, enjoy the picture of the blessing (dice) I will be handing out.


The only thing left to do for Realms at War is putting my costume together, which should come together fairly quickly, but that is also being kept secret for now so there won't be any pictures for a while.  This brings me to an odd crossroads as I am ready for England and 90% ready for the event itself and have found out that my zealous preparation has left me with a lot of hobby time I wasn't expecting.  

Instead of simply doing nothing I decided to pull out my Wanderers and adjust their paint scheme a bit in order to have the entire army based and themed to be an ally of my Sylvaneth and even run them as their own force when the mood strikes.  I am not going super deep into them and it is unlikely I add more to the army, but the small project has me smiling so I will continue to work on it for now. 


With Realms at War preparation coming to an unexpected end I can fully look forward to the trip and event itself and you can expect lots of pictures and videos once I am home.  One last note for today, it is very likely I will not be posting up any new articles for the duration of my trip, but I will decide that by next week and be sure to let you all know once I make the decision.  If I take the week or so off I will be sure to let you know where you can keep up with the adventure while I am away.  Happy Hobbying!

Chuck Moore