Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Weekly Hobby Update : 8-2-17

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  Welcome to the fresh look for The Realm Gate!  I felt it was time to step up my game and give the blog a more professional look with a new logo I worked up as well as a cleaner design to the site.  I made do subtle tweaks here and there and any input is appreciated.

The new logo.  I was originally going to commission one but decided to try my own hand at it in the end



Now for another Hobby update as I have begun to find my Hobby Rhythm and gaining momentum each and every day!  It is helping that Nova Open is right around the corner and nothing helps the hobby like a goal or big event on the horizon!



Fresh faces and ready for Blood


I am in the middle of painting my Blades of Khorne and finished up my Unit of ten BloodWarriors.  I was surprised at how much detail these models have considering they were from the starter set.  They took much longer to paint than I expected, but they are beautiful models to add to any Khorne army.



Totems and Icons galore!

After I painted up the unit I realized that I needed to add in an Icon Bearer and after an extra night of work I was able to convert up something simple but effective for the role.  To treat myself I plan to paint my Bloodsecrator next.



The set up before we all began to run right due to the meteor drops

I managed to get some gaming in as well!  My friend Matt hosted me for a game of Age of Sigmar and 40k.  I took my Double Hammerstrike List I am considering for Nova Open against his Celestial Vindicators in Gift from the Heavens.  It was a fun game back and forth, but my Stormcast Took Victory in the end.  After playing the double Hammerstrike I find it powerful, but with a few weaknesses so I will be trying out a few other lists before Nova.



Movement is really easy if you lose before you get to move

After Dinner and some chatting, we dived into a game of 40k where my Dark Angels faced off against his Mixed Imperium List in a game built from the new Open War cards.  Despite the cards creating a fun Scenario my lack of knowledge in 40k play and how my army truly functions led to me losing in the Top of Turn 1.  Since it was all about the fun so we decided to just play on...until I was tabled at the bottom of turn 3. A great day regardless and I it really motivated me to improve my 40k skills to match that of my Age of Sigmar skills.






Some of the great work people are contributing to this great Cause (various artists)

I wanted to take a moment to share with you some Hobby Inspiration with the #RainbowWarriorsProject seeing the community come together for a great cause is wonderful and that they can do it using their Hobby skills makes it that much better!  Check out The Lonely Havocs to keep up to date on this great Project and where you can go to for the charity raffle to win this great army.

Until Friday feel free to follow me on Twitter and Happy Hobbying!